Covid 19 and Camp
We are blessed to be in a time and place where we know more about Covid 19 and are continuing to see case numbers go down in our area, but Covid 19 is still a highly contagious virus that has been spreading globally for a couple of years. Due to the ongoing spread of this illness, protocols will still be put into practice during this time involving all areas of camp.
- Jason Wiedrich, Rimrock Camp and Retreat Center Director, will serve as the “Safety Officer” for camp, overseeing all procedures and protocols related to the prevention of a case or outbreak at camp amongst campers, guests and crew.
- For health and safety of our campers and guests, we request that 2 weeks prior to arrival, all campers and guests monitoring health and possible illnesses.
- In the cabins, we ask that full capacity not be filled for guest sleeping. Each guest should have their own bunk bed and will choose to sleep on the top or bottom bunk. Sleeping arrangements should be set up so that heads of guest are alternated to ensure the proper social distancing of at least 6 feet apart. Bathing times should be staggered to ensure proper distancing. Cabins will be sanitized daily. We ask that all campers and guests use hand sanitizer before entering any building at any time. Personal belongings should be contained on each individual bunk. Campers and guests should not be permitted to handle other individual’s personal belongings or have contact with another bunk unless necessary. Increased ventilation will be used to circulate as much fresh air as possible.
- If a camper, guest or crew member presents with an elevated temperature, this should be reported immediately. Anyone suspected of illness will put on a face mask, be removed from the group and assessed by a director for further treatment. If Covid-19 symptoms are presented, the guest will be isolated until medical treatment is sought and camper is picked up. Crew members will isolate themselves and notify the administration if they develop symptoms of Covid-19.
- Proper techniques for preventing the spread of Covid-19 should be practiced at all times… Proper hand-washing with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds before eating, upon leaving your cabin, after touching frequently touched surfaces such as handles or door knobs, after using the restroom, after coughing sneezing or blowing of nose, and after using shared equipment. Hand sanitizer will be readily available and be used when hand-washing is not feasible.
- Face masks are encouraged to be used by crew members, campers and guests in situations where proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Crew, campers and guests will be instructed on the need to maintain physical distancing. Attempts will be made to increase spacing between individuals and groups. Guest groups will limit mixing with other guest groups, and will social distance in times such as meals, programming and large group gatherings.
- Cabin access will be limited to only individuals that reside within that cabin.
As always, if you have any questions about any of these procedures, please feel free to ask. While we know that we cannot eliminate the risk of contracting Covid-19 at Rimrock Camp and Retreat Center, our crew, along with the help of our guests, will work very hard to maintain a healthy and safe environment for all at camp.